A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin..
Pass! BALLOON DISEASE !! I want you to start holding your shirt with you leash hand.
Nice left about turn!
Your down mechanics are off, you should at this point in the training be able, in heel position command Down, while your left hand palm up is over the leash and goes to the ground. review the down mechanics. You can also do Fast Starts, which is a fast step forward at the same time as you command heel. This exercise will help her understand that as the left foot moves she moves also.
Also work on your pace changes speak slow, normal, fast, to help Remi understand with the body mechanics. Most of your training sessions need to be out of the house. Tennis courts are great place they can be completely enclosed. remember to use your bridging word "YES" while your heeling, keep your spirits up to make it fun. I also told Jessica, I'd like you to video some of your training that way I can help you, should a question arise you can speak it, that way it won't be forgotten. RC today Yay!! be sure to get onto that blog.
Thank you Jessi. I will work on those things. I focused most of my time on that come command this last week. It helped me learn the purpose of the bridge word.
I know there is room for improvement but on the same hand we had some big improvements this week.
ReplyDeletePass!
ReplyDeleteBALLOON DISEASE !! I want you to start holding your shirt with you leash hand.
Nice left about turn!
Your down mechanics are off, you should at this point in the training be able, in heel position command Down, while your left hand palm up is over the leash and goes to the ground.
review the down mechanics.
You can also do Fast Starts, which is a fast step forward at the same time as you command heel. This exercise will help her understand that as the left foot moves she moves also.
Also work on your pace changes speak slow, normal, fast, to help Remi understand with the body mechanics.
Most of your training sessions need to be out of the house.
Tennis courts are great place they can be completely enclosed.
remember to use your bridging word "YES" while your heeling, keep your spirits up to make it fun.
I also told Jessica, I'd like you to video some of your training that way I can help you, should a question arise you can speak it, that way it won't be forgotten.
RC today Yay!! be sure to get onto that blog.
yay !! she came when Called.
ReplyDeleteThank you Jessi. I will work on those things. I focused most of my time on that come command this last week. It helped me learn the purpose of the bridge word.
ReplyDelete